I mean GPS tests must be done in the selected device to realise how
much battery it consumes. In theory, it has to be an easy thing to
send coordinates when the device is started, but at the end you are
killing the phone battery, and maybe causing some responsiveness to
the mobile... just that. I am sorry because I am Spanish and my
English is not that good :S.

I preffer sending that kind of stuff by sockets in order to send as
less data as I can, but it is easier to do in the REST or SOAP way. ;)