Hi,

I could not find "Reply" on the post:
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/77e670f746c33fd9?hl=en.
So, creating a new post.

Based on Dianne's example, I am able to start a remote service and
also call "bindService". Now, when I am trying to call a method, I am
seeing the following problem:
~~~~~~~~~~
W/Parcel  (  319): **** enforceInterface() expected
'com.android.rkserv.IRKOwnService' but read
'com.android.rkapp.IRKOwnService'
D/AndroidRuntime(  342): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm(  342): threadid=3: thread exiting with uncaught exception
(group=0x4000fe68)
E/AndroidRuntime(  342): Uncaught handler: thread main exiting due to
uncaught exception
E/AndroidRuntime(  342): java.lang.SecurityException: Binder
invocation to an incorrect interface
~~~~~~~~~~

The following are the details of my packages:

Package "com.android.rkserv" consists of a service RKOwnService. It
has the IDL file IRKOwnService.aidl. The AndroidManifest.xml consists
of the service
<service android:name=".RKOwnService" android:exported="true"
android:process=":remote" >
    <intent-filter>
        <action android:name="com.android.RKINTENT" />
    </intent-filter>
</service>

Package "com.android.rkapp" wants to access this service.
The service is started via
    Intent serv = new Intent();
    serv.setAction("com.android.RKINTENT");
    startService(serv);

The service is bound via
    bindService(new Intent("com.android.RKINTENT"),rkconn,
Context.BIND_AUTO_CREATE);

The service is stopped via
    Intent serv = new Intent();
    serv.setAction("com.android.RKINTENT");
    stopService(serv);

All the above actions go through fine. Next, I try to call a function
defined in the interface as
    private final IRKOwnService.Stub mBinder = new IRKOwnService.Stub
() {
        public void callFn1() {
            RKOwnService.this.callFn1();
        }
    };
This is when I see the error --
W/Parcel  (  319): **** enforceInterface() expected
'com.android.rkserv.IRKOwnService' but read
'com.android.rkapp.IRKOwnService'

NOTE: To get rid of compilation errors, I added "IRKOwnService.aidl"
in the calling package "com.android.rkapp".

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ravi