Probably you want to take a look at:
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/widget/ListView.html#smoothScrollByOffset(int)

or
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/widget/ListView.html#smoothScrollToPosition(int)

Although I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish. For
example you say "I want to show the first item ..", but being a ListView
you will probably see much more than one item.

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 6:32 AM, Giants203 <giants...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to auto scroll list view at specified time intervals
> without user intervention. The time intervals will be supplied in an
> array on integers  say 1000, 4000, 5000 in millisecs
>
> I want to show the first list item as soon as the list launches
> and then wait 10 sec to show the next list item on top of the list
> (visible on the screen) and so on based on the time intervals shown
> above.
>
> What's the best way to accomplish this?
>
> I was going through this <a href="http://groups.google.com/group/
> android-beginners/browse_thread/thread/ea22a389eb900bbe?pli=1">thread</
> a>  but the     getListView().setSelection() is taking directly to the
> end of the list. There is no incremental update happening.

YuviDroid
Check out Launch-X <http://android.yuvalsharon.net/launchx.php> (a widget
to quickly access your favorite apps and contacts!)
http://android.yuvalsharon.net