Hi,

I suggest you to take a look at the Gson library from Google to parse
the JSON response from the service:
http://code.google.com/p/google-gson/

It has a very competitive performance according to this resource:
http://martinadamek.com/2011/02/01/adding-gson-to-android-json-parser-comparison/

It also will improve a lot the beauty and readability of your code, it
will be something simpler:
http://www.javacodegeeks.com/2011/01/android-json-parsing-gson-tutorial.html

And last one, but more important from my perspective, it allows you to
use a mixed approach between streaming and object model access which
is the right combination for performance and code readability:
https://sites.google.com/site/gson/streaming

I hope it helps.

Regards, Greivin.