I'm developing an app that extracts the call log and store it in a
local text file, then push this file to a server.
Till now i'm able to extract the call log and store it in a text  file
by creating an activity. But the problem is if i delete an entry in
the call
log, its get deleted in my file too. i don't want the items to be
deleted in the file and it should not be overwritten and i want
the file to be deleted once it is pushed to the server and i want the
app to run as a service in the background. Can anyone suggest me with
some idea. I would appreciate if you provide some example code.

Thanks in advance!