Read "Professional Android 2 Application Development" to understand
Android (if you know Java you have 70% of it already). Get your feet
wet with something simple. My first Android program was basically a
reference app. Nothing fancy, didn't use anything on the internet or
graphics or anything. But it got me use to working with activities and
such.

While Kristopher was a little dickish in his response (it's not off
topic) he is basically right. Again, get your feet, start simple,
build on your experience.

Ken