Thank you for your reply Kris.

I am trying to create a low-level mapping where some button press on
my 22-button device is to be seen as left click, by following this
configuration: http://source.android.com/tech/input/key-layout-files.html

I know Android is a flexible system and without rooting a device, it
is TOTALLY possible to create your own input device as a mouse +
keyboard + touchpad + braille + whatever kind of input you wish to
send to android. (NOT simulate keys, but actually send the
corresponding byes for "Left Click" or "Right Click" or "move
pointer").

Consider a professional artists who purchases a digital drawing pad
*with* a stylus pen for accuracy and all his/her drawings on the
drawing pad are directly sent to Android as legit mouse or stylus
events. This includes the pressure of the lines drawn as well, without
having to directly simulate each event.

It just seems that not one Google employee seems to know about this.
Documentation is barely existent (and whatever is there is very poor),
books don't help (not one book dares touch on this topic). I've gone
back and forth all over the web to find an answer and unfortunately,
only someone in this area of expertise can actually help me.

What better place to post a question about Android than the source
itself?

Thank you,
Dritan

p.s. If I don't get a reply from a competent Google employee (or
really, anyone who's competent in this area), I shall re-post this
question with a different title, every single week. I don't want to
root the phone, nor do I feel like re-compiling the source to get
the .java files for the source (even then it's a tremendous headache).
Any help related directly to this matter is greatly appreciated, thank
you!