I would like to use decodeRegion method in my game to only open a
region covering the screen from a larger bitmap. The idea is that I
would like to roam the map using the direction buttons and decode only
the part that is visible every frame. Is the BitmapRegionDecoder class
fast enough for decoding a bitmap 20 times per second? Or will I get
bad framerate?

I am asking this since I don't have a real android device right now
and I only work in the emulator, which is slow anyway. Did any of you
tried this thing? Does it work?