> What I don't know is if, perhaps, there was already a software
> implementation (something that might detect glare similar to how an echo
> canceller in voice telephony detects an echo in the outgoing audio and
> injects the same signal, 180 deg. out of phase, to cancel it out) in
> Mediastore or in Camera that I missed.  No, I wouldn't try to implement a
> polarizer myself...but if I missed that as existing library code.....  So
> I gather that I didn't miss it...it just isn't there (which I expected,
> but had to at least ask).

I have never seen a photo app with such a feature. The best result
I've seen so far is in Color Efex Pro from Nik Software, but their
filter mostly works on local contrast.

> My goal here is to develop a camera app with the best combination of ease
> of use and features I can manage.  If some 35mm filters can't be done in
> software, oh well.  That's why we still use film for some projects (I
> still love Kodak Ektar Pro 100 film...personal opinion, of course, not
> employed by Kodak...or anyone, for that matter, thanks to cancer #1
> putting me right out of the job market).

I fully support your project, I am still looking for a photo app on
Android that would make me happy. I was thinking of writing my own
but... :)

--
Romain Guy
Android framework engineer