Hello Kostya,

Interesting.  I'm running on win7. I was expecting the eclipse icon to be a
link to the .exe with some command arguments.  I was going to use your
options to tweak my own.  However, it runs eclipse.exe without options.
 Does anyone have some win7 settings?

Ill check your eclipse.ini link to see if there is another way.

John

2012/2/7 Kostya Vasilyev <kmans...@gmail.com>

> 7 февраля 2012 г. 19:03 пользователь Kristopher Micinski <
> krismicin...@gmail.com> написал:
>

>> By the way, 2G ram is not considered very much these days, (off topic but
>> someone told me that android wouldn't even build on eight now..).  To add
>> to that, eclipse uses a fair amount of memory, and to get a usable system
>> you'd want to bumb up to at least four I'd suspect.  (And make sure you're
>> running a device rather than the emulator!)
>>

> Actually, looking in System Monitor under Debian/64 right now, I've only
> got 1,6 G in use out of the 4 G installed in my system (running Chromium
> with Gmail, Eclipse, and a couple of terminals).
>
> So, not denying the obvious that more physical memory is always better....
>
> ... it's worthwhile checking Eclipse's memory settings.
>
> Running on a system with 32G of physical RAM and leaving Eclipse at its
> default memory settings still won't do any good.
>
> Here is the relevant portion of my eclipse.ini:
>
> --launcher.XXMaxPermSize
> 512m
> --launcher.defaultAction
> openFile
> -vmargs
> -Xms128m
> -Xmx1024m
>
> This lets Eclipse use up to 1 GB of RAM and makes it much happier (as far
> as my workspaces go).
>
> More info here:
>
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse.ini
>
> -- Kostya