On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 12:58 AM, Kristopher Micinski
<krismicin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 7:19 AM, decastro <reis...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am just starting out as an app developer and looking into possible
>> marketing options. I may try experimenting with a few different ideas
>> - but I am wondering if I will be able to tell how each idea is
>> working. One key issue is knowing if people are downloading the app
>> because an existing user recommended it, or whether they were
>> independently searching for that kind of app. Is that possible?
>>

> Not unless you ask them.

Maybe not exactly what the OP is asking for, but Analytics for
Android can track campaigns, ads, etc. There were some reports
that newer Android Market versions break this, don't know what the
current status is since I am not using it though.

http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/mobile/android.html#campaigns