Hi everyone,

New to this group and also app development but the past few weeks I
have been working on an app which is pretty simple in that it is a
lookup table where I have category, subcategory and then the final
item which the users are looking for.

I have read up on activities, views, intents, cursors, etc and I have
been able to get the following created:

Category ListActivity
Subcategory ListActivity
Item ListActivity
Tab TabHost (with two tabs; All Items and Favourites)

The main activity is Tab which will open Category ListActivity which
allows the user to scroll through the categories and click on one
which creates a new intent which starts the SubCategory ListActivity.
Rinse and repeat for subcategory which then takes them to the item
listactivity which has a different view but allows them to find the
correct item information they need.

My issue is that when I launch the app the first activity has the two
tabs but when I create the new intent and click on a category the
subcategory doesn't have the tabs anymore... I setContentView at the
beginning of the SubCategory listactivity to the main.xml which has
tabhost layout with tabwidget and framelayout.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated in how to remedy this...