I am working on a program which consists of two parts

Service component will read various system features (CPU usage, RAM
usage, Number of Running Tasks, Messages Sent, Calls Made etc) every
pre determined time interval lets say 15 minutes. And save these
readings/data in a database.

Activity component will read the data from SQL database file and
process the information.

My Questions are

  1.  What kind of service do I have to create that will stay alive
forever until stopped by the activity it should also automatically
restart after system reboot?

   2.  Has anyone got an example of service writing data to database?

   3.  Can I invoke the parent activity from the service?