Hi, I hope you find the following a bits helpful to start off:

//create a new "fonts" folder and place inside of your assets folder

//copy and paste the font named "[mac font name].otf" to your new fonts
folder from your mac's "Font Book" folder (I use mac).

//call the following method

myLayout();

//method definition:

private void myLayout() {

    Typeface tf = Typeface.createFromAsset(getAssets(),

"[mac font name].otf");

TextView tv = (TextView) findViewById(R.id.textView1);

tv.setTypeface(tf);

TextView tv1 = (TextView) findViewById(R.id.textView2);

tv1.setTypeface(tf);

TextView tv2 = (TextView) findViewById(R.id.textView3);

tv2.setTypeface(tf);

}

As a Noob myself, I learned this from "
Android App Development and Design: Learn by Video [DVD-ROM]

"

Of course, I have Mark's book also.