On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 6:20 AM, Neilz <neilhorn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a situation where I am to produce applications for multiple
> clients, all based on the same functionality. Essentially, each app
> will be the same apart from content - text elements and images.
>
> It would make sense for me to keep this as one project in Eclipse. I
> can set a property somewhere (clientName for example) which would
> enable me to pull in the required content and images accordingly. I
> think this would be manageable.
>
> The main problem is when I want to build the apps to go live.- they
> are all to be separate releases. Does this mean that they will all
> need their own package identifier?

Yes, assuming they will be deployed using the Android Market or any
other facility that enforces uniqueness of package identifiers.

> And their own manifest file?

Since that is where the package identifier is supplied, yes.

> Has anyone come across this issue before? I'd value any thoughts on
> how I could maintain and build these projects.

Use an Android library project for the common code. Use resources in
the hosting project for client-specific stuff (e.g., string resource
for clientName).

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_Android Programming Tutorials_ Version 4.1 Available!