Why do some Android phones see my Bluetooth device and some don't?  I
have a gadget that is controlled via Bluetooth.  The gadget contains a
simple serial (SPP) Bluetooth device connected to a microcontroller.
Some Android phones see it and some don't.  All the phones in question
are 2.1 or greater.  Scanning for devices on these phones using
Home>Menu>Settings>Wireless & Network Settings > Bluetooth Settings
never succeeds in discovering the gadget.

There is never a problem with these devices:

Nexus One
Droid X
Casio GzOne(Verizon)
HTC G1 (t-mobile)
Vizio Tablet ver. VTAB1008
Samsung Droid Galaxy 2 on T-Mobile
LG Android (Optimus Spirit)

and probably many others.

The Droid Incredible is one that doesn't and I know that there are
more but I don't have a list of the others.

Why?  Why does this happen?  And is there a way I can get a list of
all phones that do and do not work?

-- don