Hello everyone,

I have downloaded (I think so) the source code from the built-in
applications of Android 4. I have already download the source code
from the appropriate branch Android 4.0.3_r1 (I cannot remember
exactly). I want to change a little bit the "Home" application! I took
the whole folder "Launcher2" from the "packages/apps/". I imported to
the eclipse as a new project! And a lot of errors appeared (undeclared
variables, undefined methods, etc). How the source is built? With
errors?

Is there any way to edit the applications that come with the Android
platform? I have started to believe that the Android project is not as
open as it is said to be!