At 10:43 AM 2/18/2012, you wrote:
That's not true. You want the unit tests (it's important to distinguish what kind of test we're discussing!)
in the same package as the classes they test.

yes.

Put the test code in its own source tree, duh.

<project>/

  |---- src/

  |--- test/

my core app is in a separate package. unit tests are in a separate source folder as described above.

Ray Tayek å†™é “ï¼š
... is there some reason why the test cases are put into a separate package?

No good one.

placing them in the same package seems to work ok.

am going to run into trouble by doing this?

Not if you do it right.

my android app is in the same package , but is in a different project (from the core app).

the android tests are in the same package, but it is in a different project (from the android app).

project: coreApp/
        src/com.me.app
        tst/com.me.app

project: androidApp/
        src/com.me.app

project androidTest/
        src/com.me.app
class AndroidAppTestCase extends ActivityInstrumentationTestCase2<AndroidAppActivity>

thanks

---
co-chair http://ocjug.org/