I am writing a program that when the user enter a number text appears
according to that number. My problem is that the button line has
public void ... after this I am trying to use if statements and return
methods, but because of the public void, the return method can not
return anything. I tried to close the public void, but I am getting
errors. Please help. The code is as follows. I have included the
different codes that I have tried like toast, etc..

ente@Override
    super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
    setContentView(R.layout.main);
  Button button = (Button)findViewById(R.id.go);
  button.setOnClickListener(mAddListener);

//  tv = (TextView) findViewById(R.id.textView1);
}

private OnClickListener mAddListener = new OnClickListener()
{
    public void onClick(View v) {
        }}
    ;
        //Toast.makeText(Num.this, "This Display",
Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();
        //toast.show();
        //finish ();
    //  long id = 0;

// try { PleaseEnter=(EditText)findViewById(R.id.PleaseEnter);

  {
  }

  if (PleaseEnter.equals("1"))
     // tv.setText("This is the display 1.");
      return "This display";

   //   Context context = getApplicationContext();
     // CharSequence text ="this display";
 // int duration =Toast.LENGTH_LONG;
 // Toast toast =Toast.makeText(context, text, duration);
    //    toast.show();
else if  (PleaseEnter.equals("2"))
    return;
    //tv.setText("Dispaly 2");