hi kris,
          Now i am using socket connection, and it give the message "The
application video (process com.tcp.video) has stopped unexpectedly. please try
again". so the user will not under stand whats going wrong. so i want to first
check for internet connection first and if it is not connected then display the
message that user can understand.

try {
            socket = new Socket("IP", 8888);

        } catch (UnknownHostException e) {