I know I"m too late to reply to this, but for anyone who comes through here
looking for a solution...

You must register an id for each RadioButton in the RadioGroup. The
RadioGroup will clear RadioButton selection based on their resource id.

RadioGroup group = new RadioGroup(this.
getApplicationContext());
this.setContentView(group);

for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++) {
        group.addView(getRadioButton(i));
}

private RadioButton getRadioButton(final int position) {
        RadioButton v = new RadioButton(this.getApplicationContext());
*int i = 0;*
        if (position == 0) {
                v.setChecked(true);
*v.setId(i++);*