Okay, I got a working version of scaling the view but there is one
major problem.
Let me start by describing the situation.

The top level view is a ScrollView.
This ScrollView contains an AbsoluteLayout.
The AbsoluteLayout contains text/image widgets that go beyond the
bounds of the display.

Now interestingly when I get the width/height of the layout, the full
height is returned properly,
however the width returned is the same as the display width. When I
get the ScrollView's width/height I get the screen size values which
is expected.

Is there any particular reason why the AbsoluteLayout will only return
the screen width but returns the proper height?

This is the only reason my horizontal scrolling/scrollbars and scaling
behave erratically.

Thanks,
Pachu.