I'm looking for the solution/thoughts about this question posted on
stack overflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9594056/app-installed-on-motorola-razr-android-version-2-3-6-device-in-not-going-thru

Copying here to ease reading:

I'm seeing a weird issue with setting up a wifi proxy in Motorola Razr
with android version 2.3.6. I'm able to set the wifi proxy properly.
I've tested it by running browser from phone and seeing data passing
by the proxy debugging tool (charles). But when I fire up the app,
requests doesn't flow thru charles anymore. Do you have any idea, why
apps behave differently than browser?