Hmm... maybe it is just me, but this just seems WAY to complicated for what
you are wanting to achieve...

Why not just use a LinearLayout and set the background drawable on it, and
then put the ImageView in that with what you want on top of it.

Or, as I said before, you can play around with a single ImageView because
you can set background and foreground drawables on it...

Thanks,
Justin Anderson
MagouyaWare Developer
http://sites.google.com/site/magouyaware