In general what I and the rest of the company I work for have found is that
those "write-once-run-anywhere" platforms never give you a good solution,
and in many cases end up adding more work than they save you.  The main
problem with them is that they are inherently limited to a "lowest common
denominator" approach.  They have to support only the things that can be
supported on all of their platforms.  Worse yet, they often fail horribly
when it comes to scalability and things that are peculiar to a specific
platform.

Additionally, you will never fully get the "feel" of a truly native app.
 Keep in mind that the two platforms are very different even ignoring the
different programming languages and APIs they use.  Their whole design
language is different.  iOS tends to use tabular navigation heavily whereas
Android uses more dashboards.  iOS tabs are typically on the bottom,
Android's are on the top.  Horizontal swipe gestures are much more common
on Android.

There's a huge list of differences that transcend simply rewriting the
code.  If you're not willing to respect those differences, write a web-app
optimized for mobile.  It's definitely cheaper and you won't have to worry
about conforming to any particular platform.  If you'd rather invest the
time seeking a native solution, then go fully native and design and write
for each platform.