On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 01:24:40AM -0500, Jim Graham wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 09:52:31PM -0600, Jim Graham wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 09:00:01AM +0530, Narendra Singh Rathore wrote:
> > > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6404606/android-is-it-possible-to-have-multiple-slidingdrawer

> Ok, well, as per the stackoverflow link above, I put
>    android:layout_weight="1"
>    android:layout_height="0"
>
> in both SlidingDrawer defs.  That caused an error---can't use an integer
> (0), so I made the height lines "0dp" instead.
>
> No change.  The last SlidingDrawer defined in the layout is the one that
> will open, regardless of which tab is pulled down.

UPDATE:  I'm not sure at this point if I updated the apk I was loading
the demo from in the previous post---now, if the height is set to 0dp,
you get what you'd expect:  the tab buttons aren't even displayed.  So I
set that to wrap_content for both SlidingDrawer defs.  The last one
displayed is the ONLY one that will load.

I see why, though:

Here's what the two tabs looks like (roughly):

[    ]________    and     ____[    ]____

and here's how they look together on the screen:

_[    ][    ]____

Even with weight set to 1 for both, the two tabs still overlap, where the
last one loaded is on top.  Its empty space is being pulled up, even when
I try to use the first one (tab 2's transparent empty space is still on
top of tab 1's button).

I've tried playing around with the weights (set one to 0, set both to 0,
etc.) with no difference in the result.  I tried removing all but the
button itself (i.e., just "[    ]" instead of "____[    ]____"), but
then, neither of them showed up at all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        | Tux (E Cat):  DS B+Wd Y 6 Y L+++ W+ C++/C++ I+++

Android Apps Listing at http://www.jstrack.org/barcodes.html