On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Remote Red <rremm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The tablet Acer Iconica A100 returns for
> Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory()
>
> /mnt/sdcard
>
> Actually that is intern memory

Correct, but that is the portion of on-board flash that Acer
designated as external storage.

> as the microSD card is mounted as
>
> /mnt/external_sd
>
> I would like my app to find the microSD card.
>
> What are my options?

There is nothing in the Android SDK to help you. You will need to come
up with your own algorithms and rules (e.g., if android.os.Build
indicates that this is this specific Acer, then attempt to use a
hardwired /mnt/external_sd).

Bear in mind that your app may not have rights to write to this mount point.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_Android Programming Tutorials_ Version 4.1 Available!