Hello,

I need to record frequencies about 17kHz. I'm using MediaRecorder like
this:

                recorder = new MediaRecorder();
                recorder.setAudioSource(MediaRecorder.AudioSource.MIC);
                recorder.setOutputFormat(MediaRecorder.OutputFormat.THREE_GPP);
                recorder.setAudioEncoder(MediaRecorder.AudioEncoder.AMR_WB);

When I analyze the recorded sound, 17kHz frequencies aren't there, its
like the phone has a low pass filter that eliminates these
frequencies. I think is not a problem of the frequency response of the
microphone. Anybody knows how can I record these high frequencies??
How can I 'deactivate' the filters or whatever that cuts off high
frequencies??

Note that there is a project called Zoosh (http://venturebeat.com/
2011/06/19/narattes-zoosh-enables-nfc-with-just-a-speaker-and-
microphone/) where any two mobile phones can comunicate via
ultrasounds, so I'm supposing any mobile phone can record ultrasounds.