I've built an AlertDialog using a cursor to populate the list items in
the dialog.  All works well with creating the list.

I even get the 'which' item back in the callback for the row
selected.  One problem remains...

How do I get the text back for the item that was clicked???

I don't want to requery the cursor and spin through the results
getting to the 'which' item but I don't know how else to get the
value.

Thanks

  return new AlertDialog.Builder(Gallery.this)
                                        .setTitle(Res.string.select_genus)
                                        .setCursor(cursor,
                                                        new
DialogInterface.OnClickListener() {
                                                                public void
onClick(DialogInterface dialog, int
which) {

                /* an item was selected */

                < this is where I want to learn the text
selected??? >

                },

GenusQuery.PROJECTION[GenusQuery.COMMON_NAME])
                                        .create();