What do you suppose will happen if 5 processes each ask for audio recording
with 5 different combinations of recording frequencies and sample sizes?
Is Android obliged to resample audio to those requested parameters for each
app?  What about 10 apps?  That's a lot of resampling.

This is the reason why only one app can record audio at a time.

Doug