You're initiating the traffic on the device but not receiving responses?
 Or are you trying to run a server socket on the device but
off-device originating traffic can't seem to connect?

I don't think there is any firewall on the device, though I wouldn't be
surprised if carriers needed to do some NAT to conserve ipv4 addresses.
 Are you using mobile data or wifi?