Hi,

I'm trying to send a custom Parcelable to another application (in another
process).

I have a client and a remote service, as well as an abstract class (say,
AbstractCustomParcelable) that I added to the Android framework itself (for
research purposes). The remote service should receive an object from the
client that is an instantiation of this abstract class, and then call a
method on it.

The problem is that if I extend AbstractCustomParcelable in the client
(say, MyCustomParcelable) and then pass it to the service (by putting it in
a Bundle with some other stuff and sending it via a Message), I get a
ClassNotFoundError in the service:

android.os.BadParcelableException: ClassNotFoundException when
unmarshalling: com.my.package.Client$MyCustomParcelable

I've done some searches and it appears I need to do something with the
classloader, but I'm not sure where to set which classloader, and nothing
I've tried has worked so far (e.g., doing
setClassLoader(MyCustomParcelable.class.getClassLoader()) on the Bundle).
Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks in advance!

Franzi