Hi,

I am trying to migrate to the newly released SDK and ADT 17 from my earlier
setup of SDK 12. (I couldn't use the intermediate SDK releases because of
some problems that were fixed only in SDK 17). One of the problems I am
facing now is that Projects which use an Android Library Project are not
building properly.

>From what I understand, in the newer SDKs, the Library project needs to be
compilable by itself, while in earlier versions that was not necessary. In
earlier versions, the source code from the library projects was merged with
the final project and then compiled. Is that correct?

For example, if I have the following files:
*Free Project / A.java*
*Pro Project / A.java*
*Library Project / B.java*                * // Refers to A.java*

This used to work fine in earlier SDKs and allow me to keep common source
code between free and Pro versions in the Library Project. But this isn't
supported now. Is my understanding correct? If so, what are the best
practices for handling such a scenario?

One idea is: add a dummy A.java to the Library Project so that the library
project compiles. I am hoping that the A.class from the Library Project
will get overridden by the A.class from the dependent projects. Could there
be problems with such an approach?

thanks,
Harshad