The code pasted below gets an exception on tha line that says...
InputStream in = new
BufferedInputStream(urlConnection.getInputStream());
It's an IO exception that says: java.net.UnknownHostException: www.android.com

I checked and that is a valid url.  I got the original code from the
android docs on HttpURLConnection although I had to fix serveral bugs
in the docs code.

Why am I getting this exception?
thanks,
Gary

import java.io.BufferedInputStream;
import java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream;
import java.io.IOException;
import java.io.InputStream;
import java.net.HttpURLConnection;
import java.net.MalformedURLException;
import java.net.URL;

import android.app.Activity;
import android.os.Bundle;

public class HelloAndroid extends Activity {
    @Override
    public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState)
    {
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        setContentView(R.layout.main);

        HttpURLConnection urlConnection = null;

                        try
                        {
                                URL url = new URL("http://www.android.com/";);
                                urlConnection = (HttpURLConnection)
url.openConnection();
                                InputStream in = new
BufferedInputStream(urlConnection.getInputStream());
                                readStream(in);
                        }
                        catch (MalformedURLException e)
                        {