Hi,

I am trying to figure out the best way to reliably get the default
phone and sim, account name and account type across a range of
devices.

Unfortunatley it appears this is implemented in different ways on most
devices. Sometimes the account information appears in
AccountManager.getAccounts(), other times it does not. Sometimes there
is an AuthenticatorDescription to match, often there is not.

On some devices setting accountType and AccountName to null will
create a default account, but on others it will just not be recognized
by the native contacts application.

So essentially the question is, is there anything obvious I am
missing, or am I just going to have to hard code the values for each
device I want to support?

Best Regards

Tom C