skink wrote:
> ok, i found it.
>
> animation stuff works OK: it rotates tho whole view (not image
> bounds), run hierarchyviewer and
> you'll see that pivot is ok.
>
> if you try to rotate image itself, try this
>
> ImageView iv = (ImageView) findViewById(R.id.iv);
> Matrix matrix = iv.getImageMatrix();
> RectF dst = new RectF();
> matrix.mapRect(dst, new RectF(iv.getDrawable().getBounds()));
> Log.d("Test", "Dst " + dst);
> RotateAnimation a = new RotateAnimation(0, 360, iv.getPaddingLeft() +
> dst.centerX(), iv.getPaddingTop() + dst.centerY());
> a.setDuration(5000);
> iv.startAnimation(a);

In my case, it may be simpler to just get rid of the padding* attributes
and use shims to shove the ImageView into the proper position. I'll try
it both ways and see which seems more maintainable.

But padding is the problem: once I get rid of the padding* attributes,
it rotates just fine. So, as you indicated, RotateAnimation rotates the
whole view, which *includes* padding.

Thanks again for your help!

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)