On 29 mrt, 13:03, Dirk Vranckaert <dirkvrancka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Why are you using FileOutputStream AND OutputStreamWriter AND
> > BufferedWriter?
>
> I need the OutputStreamWriter to specify the encoding,

Ok. But then why also a BufferedWriter?

> The result is a CSV file,

Sorry but you did not understand my question. You wrote
"result.toString()"
so of what type is result in result.toString()?

> So when I do so for Dutch, German, English, Frensh,... (all western
> languages) it works.

Do characters like ö, é come through ok?

> ... You can open the CSV file
> in a text-editor

Are you shure you use an utf-8 capable editor?

> So instead of seeing something like this:
> 這是一個測試
> I see something like this:
> â €å”€å”€å”€à €à €à €ç¼€ç¼€ç¼€ç¼€ç¼€ç¼€ç¼€Ì€Ì€Ì€Ì€Ì€Ì€

That looks like what an editor that cannot handle utf-8 would display.

All this encoding is very interesting and I would like to help you.

Suggesting:
-make a small utf-8 file with those Chinese characters.
-put that file somewhere on the internet so we can download it.
-make an activity that just reads the file in a string and writes
 the contents of that string to another file.
-compare the two files.

If you publish your activity code here (keep it as small as possible)
I will experiment with it.