Hi there
I need to know how to get the actual name of the file from a content
provider
So, I use :

Intent intent = new Intent("android.intent.action.PICK");
intent.setType("image/*");
startActivityForResult(intent, 1);

to call the Android gallery and let me choose a picture. Then I have:

protected void onActivityResult(int requestCode, int resultCode,
Intent data) {
                if (requestCode == 1) {
                        if (resultCode == RESULT_OK) {
                       }
                }
}

>From this I get the uri of the picture (i.e.  //contacts/media/
external/images/media/4) with data.getData().
What do i have to put on the dotted line that would allow me to get
the name of the file?
That is, hot do i go from the Uri (data.getData()) to the actual name
of the file so that i can work with it through the JAVA traditional
File API?
Thanx