Well I have not done any Windows installs but this is the correct link. You
can try using http instead of https, however this sounds more like
something is missing from the site. Did you use the correct choice for
windows?

On another related issue similar to this is my last attempt to load the
correct version of Java version 6 for Ubuntu Linux. The Sun site does not
have this available anymore, since some time last month. The first week of
the month it was available and now is gone, since I last attempted on
Friday. I was going to next attempt to download bins instead of using
apt-get, however none were exact matches to the original version 6 I got
last time.