On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 12:00:59PM -0400, Mark Murphy wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Jim Graham <spooky1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would guess that it is not supported on all devices. I believe the
> generic get()/set() are for manufacturer-specific capabilities.

Arrrgggghhhh....  I was so looking forward to both supporting and being
able, myself, to use those.

> > Does anyone have any information on the right (i.e., supported)
> > way to set these "extra" camera parameters, such as (these are from
> > my Acer Iconia A500 tablet):
> >
> > ? ? ?nv-picture-iso-values: auto,100,200,400,800
> > ? ? ?nv-contrast-values: lowest,low,normal,high,highest
> > ? ? ?nv-burst-picture-count-values: 0,1,3,6,9
>
> What evidence do you have that the Acer Iconia A500 supports these?

Well, like I said, those listings are right out of my tablet.  I
discovered that when a camera app runs (or maybe it's when it gets
the supported parameters), at least on my A500, the full list of options
is inserted into the logs, and is viewable by logcat.  Those are directly
out of the logs from my A500.  It supports them...but as you said, it may
be device-specific.

I'm HOPING that the person who posted that just left out a step, or
something like that.  For example, they refer to flatten() and
unflatten(), but don't use them.  That could be a missing step (or it
could still point to an alternate way of accessing these---perhaps via
regular expressions (I love regular expressions...so powerful!).

If I'm lucky, maybe someone has some specifics (documented) on this.
If not, I'm going to have to assume that your guess, and one of my
guesses, is correct.  :-(

Thanks,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        | Remember your spelling rules, including:

Android Apps Listing at http://www.jstrack.org/barcodes.html