Hello,
  I am trying to understand what may be happening in my program.  I don't
get any indication as to why it is crashing, but the basic flow is:
First activity starts
user selects to see map
Remote Service starts up
Almost immediately after binding to and calling onStart on the service the
mapview activity dies.

There is nothing in the logcat to help explain what may be going on.

This works fine on 2.3.3.

This is from my manifest:
    <uses-sdk
        android:minSdkVersion="7"
        android:targetSdkVersion="11" />

I don't know if it could have anything to do with this.

Any idea how I may want to gather more information?

I put a breakpoint in onDestroy but that didn't help in any way.

When I don't bind to the service it still exits, so it appears the problem
has nothing to do with the service.

--
"I know that you believe you understandst what you think I said, but I'm
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."