The Google Play Store / Android Market is not available for the
emulator. The blog you link to is from a software pirate who is
distributing Google-owned software without a license.

If you wish to use pirated software, that is your decision. However,
do not come onto this list expecting support in your piracy efforts.

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 7:58 AM, Jovish P <android.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are able to install Android  market on emulator, if the sdk is 3.0. If we
> update the sdk to 4.0 and follow the same steps the android market is not
> getting installed. This is the link which we referred to install Android
> Market on emulator. Anyone know the reason behind this ? Please help me out
> to install market on emulator 4.0.
>
> blog.varunkumar.me/2010/11/how-to-install-android-market-in-google.html
>

> Regards,
> Jovish

Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training...At Your Office: http://commonsware.com/training