Out of curiosity I've tried creating a separate process with UID 0
(root) for rooted devices. This works our just fine, sort of like how
Input2.jar or the like are executed by the Android OS.

My issue is, in that process if I create a reference to an IBinder by
making my own AIDL and extending the stub than call addSystemService
with my own, unique name how can I communicate to this process? In
another process I call getSystemService and the reference to the
IBinder is obtained just fine, but my problem arises when I try to
call any of its methods. I get a StackOverflowError.

So my question is two-part:

- Is is possible to use SystemService without your process actually
being a Service using Android's APIs?
- If it is not possible, how can Parcelable objects be passed to and
from separate process so that an app can leverage private/ system APIs
using root?

Tom