Or one could want default serialized execution on 3.0 and prior, in case of
issues in third party code.

Looking at this more broadly, this is where I consider the framework
somewhat lacking.

It contains ready to use solutions for a lot of things, and using them is
generally very simple and gets things done quickly.

But attempts to customize something or to work around a bug often end at a