Hi Mark,  thank you for the response.  I have some additional
questions about moving the AIDL below ...

On May 1, 4:28 am, Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 1:48 AM, Freddy <f...@charter.net> wrote:
> > I'm creating a remote service with an AIDL.  I've developed the
> > service using the package name
>
> > package com.mycompanyname.myservice;
>
> > I want to provide the AIDL (and my api interface docs) to a third-
> > party so they can build an activity and utilize my service.  If their
> > package is named
>
> > package com.theircompany.theiractivity
>
> > then how can they use my AIDL in their activity?
>
> They create a src/com/mycompanyname/myservice directory in your
> project, drop your AIDL in there, and use it.

I should have been more detailed in my original post.  I actually want
to provide this AIDL to multiple third-parties.  If each third-party
dropped in the AIDL in their solution then wouldn't that simple
refactor the name of the package?  My goal is to have a single service
(I can deliver a single apk - think of it as a common api or library
that can be called across many different activites) which can be
called by many different third-party activities.

I've been playing around with your sugestion with no luck.  It is
possible to keep the same service (and same package name) of the
service allowing other parties to call into my AIDL api?