I'm doing a facial parameter software that doctors could use to extract
angles and ratios of the nose. This is what i have so far, I even tried to
rotate the picture and still the returned image is distorted.

 Code:

 Bitmap b = BitmapFactory.decodeFile(getIntent().getStringExtra("imagePath"
));

        float rotation = (float) this.getIntent().getFloatExtra("resource",
0);

        DisplayMetrics displayMetrics = new DisplayMetrics();

        WindowManager wm = (WindowManager)
getApplicationContext().getSystemService(Context.WINDOW_SERVICE); // the
results will be higher than using the activity context object or the
getWindowManager() shortcut

        wm.getDefaultDisplay().getMetrics(displayMetrics);

        int screenWidth = displayMetrics.widthPixels;

        int screenHeight = displayMetrics.heightPixels;

        Matrix matrix = new Matrix();

       // float rotation =
PhotoTaker.rotationForImage(this.getApplicationContext(), uri);

        if (rotation != 0f) {

             matrix.preRotate(rotation);

        }

        Bitmap scaled = Bitmap.createBitmap(b, 0, 0, b.getWidth(),
b.getHeight(), matrix, true);

        //b.createScaledBitmap(b, 320, 480, true);

        n.setBackGround(scaled,screenWidth,screenHeight);

        //preview.setImageBitmap(b);

        setContentView(n);