On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 9:06 PM, Brian 1143 <brian1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you mean the Settings application is considered to be part of the
> system? If so, it should be able to change the system properties,
> right?
> I am not writing my own application; just modified the original
> Settings application. I need a system-wide place to store the
> configured properties and it should be able to be accessed by programs
> without activity or service context (like method in the Environment
> class).
> Could you tell me how to do that?

Ah sorry, I thought you were talking about writing a third party app, which
is what this group is for.  If you are changing the platform, you should
post in one of the appropriate groups, such as android-platform.

Fwiw, there are a number of system properties that are read-only.  Also they
are generally not intended to be the place to through a mish-mash of
higher-level configuration information.  For example, we have the settings
provided to store a lot of that.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them.