On Tuesday, 1 May 2012 16:40:21 UTC+2, Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy) wrote:

> > I seldom argue w/Mark... but in this case I think there is a way to do
> > this.  The application you've downloaded is in the directory /data/app
> > on the device to which you downloaded it.  Use "adb pull" to copy the
> > file to your dev machine.  Now use "adb install" to push it to your
> > emulator.  Bam!  Bob's your uncle...
>
> This is called "software piracy".

Certainly not.  If the program is free, piracy is irrelevant here.

If the app is paid and for example use LVL for the license check, it will
not work on the emulator unless the user install Google Play on the
emulator and setup
his authorized Google Account  (if he bought it). Otherwise the check will
fail.

 if the app use any other scheme for license verification, it still has to
pass for the program to run.

If as developer you do not want your app to run in the emulator, it is not
very difficult to add an emulator check on startup.