Well, I added -verbose to vmargs in eclipse.ini, and it looked like eclipse
was hanging while attempting to load a plugin or some plug-in metadata in
my /workspace/.metadata directory.
I reloaded everything in a new workspace and things appear back to normal.

Is there a "fix" for this? For me it doesn't permanently hang, it just