OK, one more thing you could try, and then I'm out of ideas.

> When you remove the last item from the grid view, call setFocusable(false)
> and setFocusableInTouchMode(false) on it *before* calling requestFocus()
> elsewhere. That way, it should *never* be able to get the focus back. When
> you add items back to it, you can set them both to true again.
>
> Bear in mind, the problem might not be to do with focus - it might be that
> - whether it has the focus or not - it insists on drawing the 'selected
> item' no matter what - even if it has no selection, or no items to show.
> It's possible that it doesn't like being empty, and expects at least one
> item in it.
>
> A final possibility is to create a class that extends GridView, and
> override onDraw(). When it has no items in it, do *not* call the superclass
> version (as you would under normal circumstances). That should prevent it
> from drawing the selection indicator - but it may also prevent it from
> drawing the background (but you could compensate for that by manually
> drawing the background only).
>
> The problem may simply be that you are using it in a way it is not
> designed for (empty grid views) - so we are fighting the system.
>
> After that, you're going to have to hope someone else on here has some
> suggestions...

Hey Jason, the problem got solved (very easily).
There was no need to do those lot of things you suggested me.

My problem just solved by doing this little modification:

1) Refreshing the adapter on drag and drop.
2) And then setting the adapter to my gridview.